You're invited to USC's exclusive Professional Development Day. We'll bring you the latest updates about USC programs and initiatives as well as feature special guest speaker Dr Michael Nagel, who is regarded as one of Australia's foremost experts in child development. Join us for an unique insight into technology and hear from Dr Nagel about the impact of technology and smartphones on young people and how this impacts your role as an educator.
At this free event, you will:
Hear from USC's Associate Professor Dr Michael Nagel about the latest insights into the current issues and challenges around young people and technology.
- Discover what science has as to say about the impact of technology on young people and how Smartphones may be at the forefront of a growing number of developmental problems and mental health issues.
- Learn strategies for combating potential problems associated with those issues.
- Find out what suite of activities the USC Student Recruitment team has in store for 2021.
- Hear the latest news and updates on USC’s future-focused programs.
- Receive accredited professional development hours in alignment with the QCT professional standards.
Date: Friday 19 February 2021
Time: 9.30am - 2.15pm (registration opens at 9.15am)
Location: Innovation Centre, USC Sunshine Coast, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs. See Maps and Parking for details. (Please note USC Sunshine Coast is a regulated parking area)
Who should attend: Career advisors, school leadership and teaching staff
If you have any accessibility requirements or questions regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.