We understand business imperatives and value open and transparent dialogue with our industry partners.
We facilitate industry sponsored clinical drug and device trials and the creation of mutually sustainable partnerships.
We employ sophisticated systems and industry best practice processes to deliver efficient, quality trial outcomes.
Download our Year 3 Report Card (PDF 4MB) for additional information about our staff and capabilities.
USC Clinical Trials, through strategic partnerships with healthcare professionals across the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay, is strongly positioned to provide expert services in conducting all phases of drug and device clinical trials across an expanding portfolio of therapeutic areas.
We match each study to Principal- and Sub- Investigators who are experienced in the study's field, drawing from a knowledgeable pool of physicians with years of collective clinical trial experience.
With more than 40 drug and device studies completed and ongoing across phases I to IV, USC Clinical Trials possesses the experience required for your study.
For further information you are welcome to contact us.
USC Clinical Trials operates over an expanding network of dedicated clinical trial centres and private practice partnerships.
Our dedicated trial centres are located in the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay regions in Queensland, and we operate in partnership with practices that are spread throughout the Sunshine Coast and interstate.
Get in touch for more information on how our multi-site model can benefit your study.
Participant recruitment is a key driver of success for clinical trials. From robust feasibility to proactive recruitment, we place a major emphasis on recruiting to target within agreed timelines.
USC Clinical Trials supports fast recruitment through various channels:
- targeted social media campaigns
- digital, print and radio advertising
- engaging with public and private networks of referring physicians relevant to the therapeutic area
- utilisation of patient databases and medical record searches
- working with patient focus/advisory/support groups to explore recruitment potential
- working with pharmacies to promote clinical trials within therapeutic areas
- trialling innovative recruitment methods through industry partnership
Retention of clinical trial participants is supported by:
- 24/7 telephone support
- availability and responsiveness of site staff
- travel support
- expedient reimbursement of reasonable travel claims associated with visits
- online visit planning tool with secure access
- visit reminders via SMS
- calls to patients between visits if required
- educational and support study materials for patients and their families
- support with concurrent medical conditions
USC Clinical Trials trial participants are pivotal to the success of our clinical research endeavours, hence at USC much of our planning and service delivery is centred on patient experience, safety and outcomes.
- We feel it is incumbent upon us to educate and inform our community on the importance of clinical trials and access to advanced therapies.
- We promote the acknowledgement of clinical trial participants in the final publication of clinical trial results.
- We promote that each participant on a USC clinical trial receives a lay summary of the clinical trial results to inform them of their participation and outcomes of the research study.
- We ensure that participants should not be ‘out of pocket’ for the costs involved in attending clinical trial visits.
- We ensure - that with the participant’s consent - the treating/referring physician and family are kept informed of progress.
- We routinely solicit feedback from our trial participant in the form of surveys to measure and improve our service.