Health Safety and Wellbeing training modules
This online training for staff includes the following modules:
- Fire and Emergency Preparedness (completed on commencement then annually between 1 January - 31 March). Note: this training is mandatory and must be completed by all staff annually.
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing (completed on commencement then every two years between 1 January - 31 March, due 2021)
- Manual Handling (completed as required by Work Area Manager)
The modules are accessible on Blackboard in "Organisations", under:
Each module will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. At the end of each module, staff will be required to complete an assessment with a pass rate of 80%.
Once completed, the results will be stored in the Blackboard Grade Centre database.
HSW for Students – Strongly recommended
This online training module covers three key areas:
- health and safety at USC
- potential hazards at USC
- emergency situations.
This module will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
At the end of the module there is a short assessment.
The module is accessible on Blackboard in "Organisations", under:
- Health Safety and Wellbeing Annual Training Modules (Students)
HSW for Volunteers and Contractors Induction Module
Follow the below steps to access the training:
- Access the training - HSW Induction for Volunteers and Contractors
- New users: Select 'Create an account' and follow the instructions on the account creation page. An email will be sent to your email address to confirm your log-in.
- Returning users: Log-in with your previously created log-in. Your individual email address was recommended as your username during the account creation stage. If you forgot your password/username, select forgot password.
- Navigate to the 'My Learning' and click on the training hyperlink to launch training
- (please ensure you registered for the correct training USC Moderate to High Risk Contractor or USC Volunteers and Low Risk Contractors - you can click on 'Course Catalogue' to enroll in the correct one)
- Save a copy of your certificate to present to USC