How do your students Rise, and Shine?
This is your opportunity to nominate your outstanding year 10 students for our prestigious Rise, and Shine award.
The Rise, and Shine program has been designed to give our recipients a competitive edge throughout the entirety of their senior studies, career progression and university preparation. Throughout their senior schooling, students will use this program to shape a portfolio of professional qualities, recognised competencies and employability skills.
Students graduate from the program connected to like-minded peers motivated in the pursuit of achieving their aspirations and full potential.
Nominations open Monday 4 September 2017
Nominations close Monday 23 October 2017
Winners will be notified mid October 2017 with an opportunity to award these recipients at school ceremonies*
Rise, and Shine leadership lunch Thursday 23 November 2017
The Rise, and Shine award for academic excellence will be bestowed on two outstanding recipients from each school who meet the necessary academic, leadership and aspirational criteria.
To be eligible for selection, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in Year 10 at a Queensland Secondary School
- Maintain an A grade across their subjects
- Intending to pursue university studies upon completion of Year 12
A Rise, and Shine award recipient:
- Is an enthusiastic leader in their school and community
- Shines in their learning through effort, passion and innovation
- Would value the opportunity for professional and personal development and connected to likeminded peers
Rise, and Shine award recipients are presented with the opportunity to:
- Attend an exclusive Rise, and Shine leadership lunch
- Engage with recognised academics from a variety of disciplines through small group presentations
- Explore ambitions with guided career planning, goal setting and pathway options, through one-on-one sessions with a member of the Career Development Team
- Connect with likeminded people with shared interests through a variety of events
- Experience some of the most contemporary learning spaces in tertiary education
- Enhance professional qualities and employability with careers skills workshops
- Become accustomed to university life and learning through the in the Rise, and Shine mentoring program led by current USC student leaders
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills through engagement in the university environment
- Drive innovation and be a voice for young people collaborating with USC to build aspirations for the next generation of students
Rise, and Shine Leadership Lunch
Held on Thursday November 23 at the USC Sunshine Coast campus, this event will be an opportunity for award recipients to immerse themselves in USC life. Highlights of the day include students networking with program mentors, engaging in a range of leadership and goal setting activities and hearing from guest speaker Jordan Mercer, Surf Ironwoman champion, studying a Bachelor of Primary Education.
Free buses will be leaving from USC Fraser Coast and USC Gympie campuses and from Moreton Bay to assist guests attending the Rise, and Shine leadership lunch.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*For schools located in Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Gympie and Fraser Coast.