How do your students Rise, and Shine?
The Rise, and Shine program has been designed to give our recipients a competitive edge throughout the entirety of their senior studies, career progression and university preparation. Throughout their senior schooling, students will use this program to shape a portfolio of professional qualities, recognised competencies and employability skills.
Students graduate from the program connected to likeminded peers motivated in the pursuit of achieving their aspirations and full potential.
Nominate your outstanding year 10 students for our prestigious Rise, and Shine award.
- Nominations open September 2019
- Nominations close October 2019
Schools are encouraged to present the USC Rise, and Shine awards at their school ceremony and can request a USC representative to come and present these to the recipients (for schools located in Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Gympie and Fraser Coast regions).
The Rise, and Shine leadership lunch will take place in November 2019.
Eligibility and selection criteria
The Rise, and Shine award for excellence will be bestowed on two outstanding recipients from each school who meet the necessary academic, leadership and aspirational criteria.
A Rise, and Shine award recipient:
- Is an enthusiastic leader in their school and community
- Shines in their learning through effort, passion and innovation
- Would value the opportunity for professional and personal development and opportunities to connect to likeminded peers
To be eligible for selection, an applicant must be:
- Enrolled in Year 10 at a Queensland Secondary School in the Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Gympie or Fraser Coast regions
- Intending to pursue university studies upon completion of Year 12
Rise, and Shine award recipients are presented with the opportunity to:
- Attend an exclusive Rise, and Shine leadership lunch
- Explore ambitions with guided career planning, goal setting and pathway options, through one-on-one sessions with a member of the Career Development Team
- Connect with likeminded people with shared interests through a variety of events
- Experience some of the most contemporary learning spaces in tertiary education
- Enhance professional qualities and employability with careers skills workshops
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills through engagement in the university environment
- Drive innovation and be a voice for young people collaborating with USC to build aspirations for the next generation of students
- Receive VIP invitations to a number of USC events throughout the year
Rise, and Shine Leadership Lunch
Held on Thursday 29 November 2018 at the USC Sunshine Coast campus, this event will be an opportunity for award recipients to immerse themselves in USC life. Highlights of the day include students networking with program mentors, engaging in a range of leadership and goal setting activities and hearing from keynote speaker from the industry.
Free buses will be leaving from USC Fraser Coast and USC Gympie campuses and from Moreton Bay to assist guests attending the Rise, and Shine leadership lunch.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Lunch 2017
Exclusive event with Dr Karl 2018