Terms and Conditions
Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) is the Promoter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Competition.
- USC is unable to retrieve and amend any existing entries.
- USC reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition without notice for any event that is outside of USC’s reasonable control. Any changes to, or cancellation of, the Competition will be posted on the USC website (usc.edu.au). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any such changes.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the control of USC, the integrity or administration of the promotion is adversely affected, USC may suspend the competition.
- USC may disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of USC shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by USC.
- USC may use any personal information that an entrant provides with their Survey for the purposes of the Competition, and for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), and as per the Promoter’s Information Management Framework - Governing Policy.
- Any questions or concerns arising in relation to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions may be raised by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liability and indemnity
- USC accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning the prize.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. USC reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated the Competition is open to persons of any age. USC assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition and these terms and conditions. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to USC’s satisfaction that their parent/guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- Entry is open to invitees only (Parent Lounge subscription list and Rise, and Shine award recipients) who will be invited via email. This excludes University of the Sunshine Coast employees, their immediate family, agents, prize partners, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants and associates or anybody else professionally connected with the Competition.
- Only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that USC discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, duplicates will be removed from the Competition and any Entries made by them will count as one entry only.
- To enter the Competition you must complete and submit the entry form.
- Entries containing incorrect contact details, incomplete fields or offensive material will be deemed invalid and removed from the Competition.
- Closing date for entry will be 5pm 4 April, 2019. After this time and date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- All entries become the property of the promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The prize draw will take place with the prize as follows:
Parent Lounge subscribers: 2 family passes (2 adults and 2 children, 14 and under) to the Harlem Globe Trotters game at USC Stadium on Friday 12 April.
Rise, and Shine recipients: 1 family pass (2 adults and 2 children, 14 and under) to the Harlem Globe Trotters game at USC Stadium on Friday 12 April.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason USC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Any change in value of the prize between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the promoter including any associated exchange rates with foreign currency.
- The prize will be selected from responses and selection will take place at USC’s Sunshine Coast Campus on Friday 5 April 2019. The Prize-winners will be notified via phone by Friday 5 April.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified or deemed ineligible from the Competition, USC will select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner.
- In the event that a Prize-winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of the prize draw, USC reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner.
- Winners will be selected eligible entries received by USC.
- USC will notify the Winner on where and when the prize can be collected.
- The competition commences at 9am 15 March 2019 and concludes at 3pm on 4 April, 2019.
- The Prize Winner must provide photographic identification to collect and take receipt of the Prize. Competition results may be published on www.usc.edu.au and/or www.facebook.com/unisunshinecoast. By entering in the competition the prize winner/s agree to grant USC permission to use his/her full name on its websites for up to 12 months following the draw. All other personal information of entrants, including email addresses collected, will be kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to any third party for any purpose other than a publication of the winner’s name(s) as above.