Career advisers and senior educators are invited to attend USC's Professional Development Day.
- Date: Friday 22 February 2019
- Time: Registration opens from 9.15am, event runs from 9.40am – 2pm
- Location: Innovation Centre, USC Sunshine Coast campus, 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs
- Cost: free
This free event provides educators who assist students plan for, and transition into, life after Year 12, with an exclusive insight into the behavioural science behind how young people make decisions about employment and their career. Other topics to be discussed include youth mental health, cyber safety, accessing support and how to help your students to rise, and shine.
Keynote speakers include:
- Darren Coppin, Chief Executive and Head of Research at Esher House, and expert in behavioural science. Darren will facilitate a lively discussion taking us through the behavioural science behind how young people make decisions about employment and their career.
- Dr Larisa McLoughlin USC postdoctoral Research Fellow in Youth Mental Health, will share some of her research and address what cyberbullying is and the many different types, characteristics of those involved in cyberbullying (bullies, victims, and bystanders) and the mental health outcomes associated with it. The talk will also explore different coping and help seeking behaviours young people use, the importance of social connectedness and advice for parents and teachers on what to do.
The USC Schools team will also provide an update on the latest news from USC including new programs and what’s on the horizon at our growing university.
Attendees will receive accredited professional development hours in alignment with the QCT professional standards.
Don’t miss this chance to connect with your university and find out what opportunities are available to you and your students.
If you have any accessibility requirements, please email email@example.com before the event.
If you have any questions, please contact the schools team at firstname.lastname@example.org.