For all campus emergencies call 5430 1168 or Ext 1168.
If signs of smoke and/or fire DIAL 000 for Emergency Services.
On becoming aware of a fire or smoke
- Assist any person in immediate danger, only if safe to do so.
- Activate the nearest Manual Call Point or ring 000.
- Contact SafeUSC (Ext 1168).
- Close any doors and windows to minimise spread of the fire.
- Attempt to extinguish the fire, if trained and if safe to do so, using available fire fighting equipment.
- Avoid moving into smoke filled areas.
- Follow the instructions of relevant ECO* personnel (Wardens), SafeUSC and Emergency Services to evacuate the building to the nominated evacuation assembly area, and assist with the evacuation of disabled occupants.
- Do not leave the evacuation assembly area until advised to do so.
Always refer to Emergency communications in the event of an emergency for latest announcements.
* (ECO) Emergency Control Organisation