For all campus emergencies call 5430 1168 or Ext 1168.
If required, DIAL 0-000 for Emergency Services.
Medical emergency action
- Check the immediate area for signs of danger and remove or control it (if safe to do so) to avoid further risk to the casualty and yourself.
- Do not move a casualty unless they are exposed to a life-threatening situation.
- If required contact the ambulance service by dialling 0-000. If you are unsure if an ambulance is required call 0-000 and they will advise.
- Notify SafeUSC (Ext 1168).
- Remain with the casualty and administer first aid (if trained to do so) until assistance arrives.
- Follow the instructions of Emergency Services or First Aid personnel.
- Remember DRS ABCD of first aid:
- Send for help
- CPR (ie Start CPR, 30 compressions, 2 breaths)
Always refer to Emergency communications in the event of an emergency for latest announcements.