- The University of the Sunshine Coast ABN 28 441 859 157 (USC) is the Promoter.
- The Promoter is running the USC '2021 Student Diary Cover Artwork Competition' (the Competition). The theme of the Competition is “Together we rise” (Theme) - reflecting the spirit of success, diversity and inclusion at USC.
- Entrants must create and submit a professional design, photo or illustration (Design Entry) which addresses the Theme.
- Each Design Entry must:
(a) be an original work;
(b) artwork must contain no text, with the exception of typography designs;
(c) be submitted as a high resolution (300 dpi) image;
(d) be submitted via PDF; Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator only;
(e) if submitted as a PDF of a scanned entry, be at least 300dpi;
(f) be no smaller than 297 x 210 mm (A4 portrait);
(g) be able to be replicated on a CMYK off-set printing process (e.g. vector or at least 300dpi);
(h) account for logos being placed on or beside the Design Entry;
(i) include a brief statement of no more than 500 words in relation to how the Design Entry represents the Theme; and
(j) include a name or title as part of the brief statement.
- Entry into the Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition without notice for any event that is outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to, or cancellation of, the Competition will be posted on the Promoter’s website (www.usc.edu.au). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any such changes.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the integrity or administration of the Competition is adversely affected, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion:
. to disqualify any participant; or
. to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to change these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may use any personal information that an entrant provides with their entry for the purposes of the Competition, and for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), and as per the Promoter’s Information Management Framework - Governing Policy.
- The Promoter may use, reproduce and disclose photographs of entrants and their Design Entries (as defined below) for use in promotional and marketing materials, publications and/or on its website and other social media platforms. Entrants acknowledge and accept that they are not entitled to any payment for the Promoter’s use of their image or that of the Design Entry (as defined below).
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland. If any of these Terms and Conditions are or become invalid, at the Promoter’s option, the relevant part is severed, and doesn’t affect the validity of the remaining parts.
- Any questions or concerns arising in relation to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions may be raised by emailing the Promoter at email@example.com.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or participant; or
(f) use of the prize.
- Each participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses, damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the participant, the conduct of the participant in the Competition, the use of the prize or any loss or damage to a Design Entry.
- Registration for the Competition opens at 9am AEST on Tuesday 28 April 2020 and ends at midnight AEST Sunday 12 July 2020.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Entry into the Competition is via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry into the Competition is only open to students currently enrolled at USC who hold Australian citizenship or a valid student visa.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter the Competition:
(a) any person not currently enrolled as a student at USC; and
(b) staff members of the Promoter (unless also currently enrolled as a student).
- Entrants must provide their USC student ID number and the course they are studying.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- No responsibility is taken by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- There is no fee to enter the Competition, but entrants are responsible for all the costs associated with preparing their entry.
- By entering the Competition, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted in an entry is true, accurate, and complete in every respect.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time to verify the validity of entries and the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant’s identity) and to disqualify any entrant who:
(a) submits a Design Entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
(b) submits a Design Entry that contains any objectionable content, or has the potential to damage the reputation of any person or the Promoter;
(c) tampers with the entry process;
(d) displays misconduct or the mistreatment of wildlife in any way during any stage of this Competition; or
(e) does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Competition is open to individual entries only, no group entries will be considered valid.
- Entrants must only submit a maximum of three (3) Design Entries in this Competition.
- Entrants must have obtained permission from all persons appearing in their Design Entries (if applicable) to enter this Competition using them as a subject within the Design Entries.
- Entrants warrant that their Design Entry, and its use by the Promoter, will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Design Entries will be deemed to be invalid by the Promoter in its sole
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree to grant to the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and transferrable licence to use the intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the entrants’ Design Entries for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition;
(b) ongoing educational purposes;
(c) use in future marketing and/or promotional material; and
(d) use in the Promoter’s 2021 Student Diary.
- Failure to adhere to the Competition Rules may result in disqualification, which will be at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
- The Design Entries will be judged between Wednesday 1 July to Friday 3 July 2020 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm AEST by a pre-determined panel of judges as selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion (Initial Panel).
- The Initial Panel will judge the quality and creativity of the entrant’s Design Entry as it relates to the Theme and select finalists as follows:
(a) Relevance to theme – 40%
(b) Creativity – 30%
(c) Technical quality – 30%
- The finalists’ Design Entries (selected by the Initial Panel) will be published on the Promoter’s website (www.usc.edu.au) from Monday 20 July to Friday 24 July 2020 and open for voting via an online voting system, to students currently enrolled at USC and who hold Australian citizenship or a valid student visa (Final Panel).
- The Final Panel will judge the quality and creativity of the finalist’s Design Entry as it relates to the Theme and selects a prize winner (in their absolute discretion).
- Votes will be tallied by the Promoter's Student Communications and Events Team and the Promoter will notify the winner as soon as possible once voting is finished.
- Prize: The prize winner’s Design Entry will be displayed on the cover of the Promoter’s 2021 Student Diary. At the Promoter’s sole discretion, the prize winner may also have their Design Entry displayed at USC campuses in posters and publications.
- The Promoter’s decision as to the prize winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the outcome of the Competition or otherwise.
- The Promoter may, but is not obliged, to publish the results of the Competition. Unless otherwise advised by the entrant, by entering this Competition, entrants agree to the Promoter publishing their name and image on the USC website (www.usc.edu.au), social media platforms, and associated websites.
The Promoter reserves the right to modify the artwork, including colours and any text, to suit the purpose of the competition and by participating in this competition you agree to waive your Moral Rights in the artwork to permit the Promoter to undertake such modifications.