There are compulsory modules you need to complete before you start your studies. Complete your modules early so that you can apply these values throughout your learning experience.
You may be required to complete one or both of the below modules, depending on your program of study. You can find out which module/s you are required to complete by logging into USC Central and viewing your ‘Tasks’ tile once you have enrolled in your courses. If you are starting a new USC program in Semester 1, 2022, you will be able to access the modules from 1 December 2021.
Academic integrity and Respect at USC
USC is committed to embedding and fostering a culture of honesty, trust, fairness, respect and responsibility. To ensure these core values are understood, new students are required to complete one or both of the Academic Integrity and Respect at USC modules.
Each module has been designed to provide you with key information about academic honesty and respectful relationships early in your studies so that you can apply these values throughout your learning experience and consists of quizzes to check your understanding.
- If you are starting an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, including if you've changed into a new program, you are required to successfully complete the Academic Integrity and Respect at USC modules.
- TPP and Headstart students only need to complete the Respect at USC module.
- If you've changed programs and have previously successfully completed the modules, you do not need to complete them again.
You only need to complete them once in your student life but you'll continue to have access to them if you want to refer back to the information.
- Once you have enrolled in your courses, your access to the modules will be activated within 24 hours.
- Log into USC Central and view your ‘Tasks’ tile to view which module/s you need to complete, or access each directly via Academic Integrity and Respect at USC.
To successfully complete the modules, you need to gain a score of at least 80 per cent in each Academic Integrity quiz to pass and complete the embedded quizzes in the Respect at USC module to progress through. Unlimited attempts are allowed. Once successfully completed, the hold should be automatically removed from your USC Central account within the hour.
- You won't be able to access your final grades or unofficial transcript until you successfully complete the required modules.
- You'll notice a hold on your account in USC Central indicating which of the Academic Integrity or Respect at USC modules you still need to complete.
Fire and Emergency Preparedness Module (HSW)
This online training module is an annual requirement to ensure all students and staff know what to do in emergency situations at USC.
The module is compulsory and will take just 5 minutes to complete.
The Fire and Emergency Preparedness (HSW) module is not compulsory for online students unless you plan on attending a USC campus regularly during your studies, for example, to use the library.
How to complete the module
Once you have enrolled in your courses, log in to Blackboard and under 'Organisations' select 'Health Safety and Wellbeing Annual Training Modules (Students)'. The 'Fire and Emergency Preparedness Module' is compulsory, the Health, Safety and Wellbeing and Manual Handling module is highly recommended.
Lab induction modules
In order to be granted access to any USC laboratory, you must first complete your mandatory online laboratory induction. The purpose of the induction is to introduce you to the laboratory space, all safety equipment and emergency procedures. Find out more in your course outline, which will detail any requirements of courses with lab components.