Your student email and Blackboard are two student systems you will use regularly during your studies.
You have a USC student email account which the University will use to communicate with you.
- From the USC homepage move your cursor to the top right of the screen, select the Login arrow > Email; or
- sign in directly via Email using the email address and your new password provided in your offer email.
Having trouble logging in?
- You must check your USC student email regularly for important student notifications and emails from your course lecturers and tutors.
- Consider bookmarking the log in page on your computer's web browser, or forwarding your student emails to your personal email account for convenience.
HDR candidates only
You may request an '@research.usc.edu.au' email format by completing the online form.
Once activated, your research student email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
The day after you accept your offer (in USC Central) you will have access to Blackboard, the University's learning management system.
- From the USC homepage move your cursor to the top right of the screen, select the Login arrow > Blackboard; or
- sign in directly via Blackboard using the username provided in your offer email and your new password.
Explore your courses under the My Courses tab, and access your Course Outlines and view student notifications.
Need Blackboard help?
For help using Blackboard search 'Blackboard' in askUSC.
For assistance with any technical issues (eg logging in, password difficulties, or issues accessing your course materials on Blackboard) contact the Student IT Help Desk.
You will use Blackboard to access:
- online study materials for lectures and tutorials
- course information
- student announcements and notifications
- information resources including Library readings
- recordings and materials from Research Fundamentals and Research Essentials sessions
- discussion boards and forums (eg buy-sell, study, chat)
Consider downloading the Blackboard Mobile app from your smartphone App Store (select University of the Sunshine Coast).