Select one of the options below to change the password provided in your email offer as soon as you have completed your To Do items.
Your password is case-sensitive and must:
- be between 8 and 16 characters in length.
- have at least one UPPERCASE character.
- have at least one LOWERCASE character.
- have at least one number.
- have at least one Special (non-alphanumeric) character eg ! @ # $ % ^ & *
- be different from any used previously.
Please allow up to 10 minutes for your password to synchronise to all University systems you have access to. This includes web services and campus computers. If you have trouble using a campus computer after changing your password, log off and log back on.
If you have registered your mobile phone in USC Central then you can change your password via the self-service USC password reset page. To use this service:
- Go to the self-service USC password reset page.
- Enter your username in the text box.
- A security code will be sent to your registered mobile phone.
- Enter the security code in the field.
- Enter your new password.
The USC password reset page can also be accessed by clicking on the ‘Change your password’ link (located below the Login/Sign in button) on the home pages of Blackboard and USC Central.
If you are on a USC managed computer (eg workstation, computer lab, library commons) you can change your password by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del after you logon.
- Logon to the computer.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del
- Select 'Change a Password'.
- Enter your old password and your new password in the text boxes, making sure you follow the password requirements as described above.
If you have not registered your mobile phone and do not have access to a University workstation, please contact the Student IT Help Desk.