Now that you know which courses (subjects) you will study, follow the instructions below to complete each step to enrol.
Remember, it is each student's responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements, and to be aware of the key enrolment dates in the academic year so you know when to complete each step.
- Login to USC Central
- Select 'Enrolment', then 'Enrol/Drop/Swap'
- Search for courses by entering the term, course code (eg COR109) and study location
- Add a course to your enrolment by ticking the box to select it and click 'Add enrolment'. You have successfully enrolled in the course when the status shows 'Success'.
Repeat the above steps to enrol in each of your courses. Your selected courses will be displayed under the 'Manage my courses' heading. It is recommended you enrol in your courses for the full calendar year.
Note: If you select a course but don't select a class time or drop it from your enrolment before census date, you'll still incur the fee for the course. You can swap or add courses up until the end of week 2, and remove courses from your enrolment up until census date. View key dates in the academic calendar.
View instructions in the How to enrol in your courses PDF guide (683 KB).
Once the timetable is released for viewing you can plan your preferred class times using the online timetable planner. Please note class times can change.
Note the timetable release and class selection dates to the right, or in the academic calendar.
- On your class selection date, log in to USC Central
- Select 'Enrolment' then 'Enrol/Drop/Swap'
- Scroll down to the 'Select class times/Manage my courses' heading and click the green arrow to reveal the courses you are enrolled in for the study period
- Click the 'select class time' button under each course
- The class options will now display. Select your preferred time for each class type (eg Lecture, tutorial, workshop) by checking the box next to the relevant class.
- Click 'Add enrolment'. You have successfully selected your classes when the status shows 'Success'.
Add your classes as soon as class selection opens as classes can fill quickly.
Follow the instructions in the Select your class times PDF guide.
If class selection has already opened, you can enrol in your courses (subjects) and select your class times at the same time.
- Log in to USC Central
- Select 'Enrolment' then 'Enrol/Drop/Swap
- Search for courses by entering the term, course code and study location
- The course and class options will now display
- Select your preferred class time for each class type (eg Lecture, tutorial, workshop) by checking the box next to the relevant class.
- Click 'Add enrolment'. You have successfully selected your course and classes when the status shows 'Success'.
View the instructions in the How to enrol when class selection has opened PDF Guide (565KB).
Confirm your enrolment
View your class timetable in USC Central to confirm you are enrolled in the courses you selected.
Follow the instructions in the View your class timetable PDF Guide (500 KB).
To prove your enrolment to Centrelink, print an unofficial transcript from USC Central: Student Centre > Enrolment > Transcripts > Transcript Type > Unofficial Academic Record.
Once you are enrolled, learn how to manage your enrolment.
Generate your invoice
Once you have enrolled in your courses you can generate your invoice for the study period. Please note, if your enrolment is for courses in a future year the Tuition Fees will not be shown until the end of January in that year. Your fees will vary according to the courses you enrol in and whether you are a Commonwealth supported student, a Fee-paying student or an international student.
If you have applied and are eligible for HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP and/or SA-HELP your fees will be deferred to your HELP loan after census date. If you are successfully set up to defer to HELP loans this will be shown on your invoice.
If you are not eligible for HELP assistance, are an International student, or if you choose to pay your fees upfront, you must pay them by the due date on your student invoice. Visit How to pay your fees for instructions and fee payment options.
For fee due dates and census dates visit the Academic Calendar.