Knowing the study materials you may need and where to find them will help you to be well prepared for your courses.
The course outline contains key information about your course, such as the course description, course schedule, learning/assessment tasks and due dates. It also has details about textbooks and recommended readings and your responsibilities as a student. You can find your course outline via Blackboard. It is usually available at least two weeks before the start of your study period.
Prescribed textbooks and course workbooks are the required reading material that supplement your lectures and tutorials. Having regular and easy access to them is important. Check your course outline for a list of required textbooks and course workbooks and confirm exactly what you will need with your lecturer or tutor in Week 1.
How to buy textbooks and course workbooks
Course workbooks can be ordered online via MyPrint Shop
You can purchase textbooks from the Co-op Bookshop online, or from;
- Sunshine Coast campus: Co-op Bookshop
- Caboolture campus: Queensland Textbook Warehouse (QTW), located on the ground floor of B Block
- SouthBank campus: Co-op Bookshop located in St Lucia
Second-hand textbooks can also be purchased:
- Online through Facebook - USC Textbooks - Buy and Sell - University of the Sunshine Coast
- From Blackboard > Organisations tab > Campus Life and Student Groups > Textbooks - buy and sell here
- Through the USC Student Guild textbook hub located at the Uni Club, Sunshine Coast campus.
- Via public noticeboards throughout campuses
Microsoft Office 365 is offered free to all actively enrolled USC students to help with your studies. Download and install Microsoft Office.