Welcome from the Vice-Chancellor
Couldn't make it to Orientation?
We understand that sometimes it's not possible to attend orientation. We’ve highlighted key information and steps below to help you get up to speed.
Your First Year
Starting your University journey can be overwhelming – especially during the first few weeks. Rest assured, there are many support services and resources available to you. The Your First Year module on Blackboard is designed to help you every step of the way. You'll need to log-in with your USC username and password.
Essential Program Information Session
Presentation slides from the Essential Program Information Sessions at Orientation have been uploaded to Your First Year. To access these, click on the Orientation Resources tab in the left-hand menu from Your First Year. If your program slides aren't there yet, check back soon - we'll be uploading them over the first few days of Week 1.
If you haven't already, make sure you:
- Download and complete the Preparing for USC checklist (PDF 83KB)
- Sign up for Academic Skills Workshops
- Log in to USC Central and complete your enrolment details
- Access Blackboard for learning materials for your courses
- Get your student ID card
- Find out what study materials you need
- Download your free copy of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote)
If you have more questions, visit Student Central Online for answers.
Keep checking your student email for key updates and information through the semester.