Students require a student ID card to:
- access parts of the University
- access computer labs
- borrow items from the Library
- access USC copying and printing services
- confirm your identity at exams
You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.
Once you are enrolled in your courses you can:
- Send an email from your student email account to StudentCentral@usc.edu.au and attach a suitable photo* (refer Photo specifications below)
- Your photo will be reviewed to ensure it meets requirements. If submitted by 12noon, your card will be ready for collection from Student Central after midday the following business day.
- If the photo you submit is not suitable, we will request you to present to Student Central at your Campus to have your photo taken and card created.
- If you do not have a suitable photo, you are welcome to come into Student Central and have your photo taken and card created. Please note: photo's are unable to be taken in Student Central during Orientation Week.
- On collection of your student ID card you will need to present alternative original photo identification (eg.driver's licence, 18+ card or passport), to confirm your identity.
- Photos must be a colour, JPEG files
- Background should be plain and light-coloured
- You must be forward-facing, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
- No sunglasses, hats or head wear*
- Photos should be portrait orientation, no larger than 200KB.
*head wear for religious reasons may be worn
Your first student ID card is issued free of charge.
Replacement ID cards
If your student ID card has been lost or destroyed, you can contact Student Central to request a replacement card at a cost of A$15. Student Central accepts EFTPOS/Credit card payments only.
A replacement card will be issued once payment has been made. If your card was stolen and you can provide a police report as proof of this, the A$15 fee may be waived.
Change of name on ID Card
If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a Change of personal details form.
You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.
You can apply for a change of name if:
- your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- you wish to revert to a former name
- your name on USC Central is incorrect
- you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons
Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost.
Expired ID cards
If your student ID has expired but you are still studying at USC, you can obtain a replacement card by presenting your expired ID card at Student Central, and this will be issued at no cost.