Students require a student ID card to:
- access parts of the University
- access computer labs
- borrow items from the Library
- access USC copying and printing services
- confirm your identity at exams
You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.
Once you are enrolled in your courses you can:
- Send an email from your student email account to StudentCentral@usc.edu.au and attach a suitable photo* (refer Photo specifications below).
- Your photo will be reviewed to ensure it meets requirements and if it fails to, you will be asked to resubmit a suitable one.
- When your photo is approved, your student ID card will be created, and we will email you via return email and include a digital copy of your card.
- Your hard copy student ID Card will be ready for collection at your campus, during Week 1 of your study period.
- On collection of your student ID card, you will need to present alternative original photo identification (eg.driver's licence, 18+ card or passport), to confirm your identity.
- Photos must be a colour, JPEG files
- Background should be plain and light-coloured
- You must be forward-facing, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
- No sunglasses, hats or headwear*
- Photos should be portrait orientation, no larger than 200KB.
*headwear for religious reasons may be worn
Your first student ID card is issued free of charge.
Replacement ID cards
If your student ID card has been lost or destroyed, you can contact Student Central to request a replacement card at a cost of A$15.
Due to current restrictions, payments will need to be made via USC Online Payments.
Once payment has been received, one of our team members will contact you to organise its collection.
If your card was stolen and you can provide a police report as proof of this, the A$15 fee may be waived.
Change of name on ID Card
If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a Change of personal details form.
You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.
You can apply for a change of name if:
- your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- you wish to revert to a former name
- your name on USC Central is incorrect
- you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons
Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost. One of our team members will contact you to organise its collection.
Expired ID cards
Due to the closure of face-to-face services at Student Central in line with social distancing measures, we have adapted our process for renewing your student ID Card.
If your student ID has expired or is about to expire and you are still studying at USC, you can obtain an extension of the expiry date which will allow you to access student spaces on campus.
To request an update to your expiry date please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will email you to confirm your extension and we will include a copy of the card with the new expiry date, should you require it for other purposes.