Students require a valid student ID card to:
- access parts of the University
- access computer labs
- borrow items from the Library
- confirm your identity at exams
You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.
Not sure when your Student ID card will expire?
Check the expiry date located at the bottom, right-hand side of your card.
- If you are logged in with a personal Microsoft account, you'll need to sign out and log back in with your USC student email and password.
Change of name on Student ID card
If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a change of personal details form.
You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.
You can apply for a change of name if:
- your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- you wish to revert to a former name
- your name on USC Central is incorrect
- you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons
Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost. We will let you know when it’s ready for collection from Student Central.