Students require a student ID card to:
- access parts of the University
- access computer labs
- borrow items from the Library
- access USC copying and printing services
- confirm your identity at exams
You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.
- Login to USC Central
- Under My TO DO List, you should see “Add a Photo”. Click on Details > Complete Now
*If you can’t see the Add a Photo item, click on Demographic Data.
Click on Add Photo for ID Card
Click on Select a Photo and browse for a photo on your device which meets the listed requirements
Select your photo > Open > Upload
Your selected photo will display. Place your cursor over the photo and use the cropper tool to crop your photo to the required size and dimension
Click OK > Confirm and Save to submit the photo. You should see a box displayed with “Your photo is awaiting approval”.
* If you’re not happy with the photo, click Cancel and start again.
Once you have submitted your photo, it will be reviewed by the Student Central team to ensure it meets our requirements. You will receive email notification when the card is ready to collect; or if it’s not suitable and you need to submit another photo.
On collection of your student ID card you will need to present alternative original photo identification (eg.driver's licence, 18+ card or passport), to confirm your identity.
- Photos must be a colour, JPEG files
- Background should be plain and light-coloured
- You must be forward-facing, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
- No sunglasses, hats or headwear
- Photos should be portrait orientation, no larger than 200KB.
Your first student ID card is issued free of charge.
Replacement ID cards
If your student ID card has been lost or destroyed, you can contact Student Central to request a replacement card at a cost of A$10. Student Central accepts EFTPOS/Credit card payments only.
A replacement card will be issued once payment has been made. If your card was stolen and you can provide a police report as proof of this, the A$10 fee may be waived.
Change of name on ID Card
If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a Change of personal details form.
You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.
You can apply for a change of name if:
- your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- you wish to revert to a former name
- your name on USC Central is incorrect
- you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons
Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost.
Expired ID cards
If your student ID has expired but you are still studying at USC, you can obtain a replacement card by presenting your expired ID card at Student Central, and this will be issued at no cost.