Students require a student ID card to:
- access parts of the University
- access computer labs
- borrow items from the Library
- access USC copying and printing services
- confirm your identity at exams
You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.
Change of name on ID Card
If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a Change of personal details form.
You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.
You can apply for a change of name if:
- your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- you wish to revert to a former name
- your name on USC Central is incorrect
- you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons
Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost. We will let you know when it’s ready for collection from Student Central.