Student ID card - University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

Accessibility links

Student ID card

Students require a student ID card to:

  • access parts of the University
  • access computer labs
  • borrow items from the Library
  • access USC copying and printing services
  • confirm your identity at exams

You must carry your student ID card with you at all times on campus, as security officers may request you provide it as evidence that you are a current student. This helps to ensure the safety of all students and staff on campus.

How do I get my student ID card if I am starting my studies?

Once you are enrolled in your courses you can:

  1. Send an email from your student email account to and attach a suitable photo* (refer Photo specifications below).
  2. Your photo will be reviewed to ensure it meets requirements and if it fails to, you will be asked to resubmit a suitable one.
  3. When your photo is approved, your student ID card will be created.
  4. Student Central will email you and advise when your ID Card is ready for collection at your Student Central.
  5. On collection of your student ID card, you will need to present alternative original photo identification (eg driver's licence, 18+ card or passport), to confirm your identity.
Photo must meet the following specifications:
  • Photos must be a colour, JPEG files
  • Background should be plain and light-coloured
  • You must be forward-facing, with your head and shoulders clearly visible
  • No sunglasses, hats or headwear* 
  • Photos should be portrait orientation, no larger than 200KB.

*headwear for religious reasons may be worn

Your first student ID card is issued free of charge.

Replacement ID cards

If your student ID card has been lost or destroyed, you can contact Student Central to request a replacement card at a cost of A$15.

Due to current restrictions, payments will need to be made via USC Online Payments.

Once payment has been received, one of our team members will contact you to organise the collection of your replacement card.

If your card was stolen and you can provide a police report as proof of this, the A$15 fee may be waived.

Change of name on ID Card

If you require a new student ID card because of a change of name, you must apply to change your name on USC records by completing a Change of personal details form.

You must provide documentary evidence supporting your change of name.

You can apply for a change of name if:

  • your name has been changed with Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • you wish to revert to a former name
  • your name on USC Central is incorrect
  • you wish your name to appear differently on your Testamur due to cultural or religious reasons

Once your change of name has been completed on your USC student record, you will be issued with a replacement ID card at no cost. One of our team members will contact you to organise its collection.

Expired ID cards

If your student ID has expired or is about to expire and you are still studying at USC, you can send an email with an updated photo and your new expected completion date through to and we will create your new card and advise when it is ready for collection from your home campus.

Back to top