11 February 2019
Each year the University community is given the opportunity to nominate graduating students to be considered for the award of Chancellor’s Medal.
The University Council awards the Chancellor’s Medal in recognition of outstanding achievements by graduates of the University who have:
- made a distinguished contribution to the local or wider community; and/or
- provided outstanding support and service to members of the University; and
- achieved a high level of academic performance throughout their program of study at USC.
Nominations for the Chancellor’s Medal may be made by any staff member of the University, by another student or by a member of the University Alumni. You are strongly encouraged to nominate any student who has completed their study and who you feel should be considered for this award.
Nominees need to meet the following criteria:
- have completed their program and will graduate in April 2019;
- clearly demonstrates a distinguished contribution to University life and/or the community which is above and beyond any requirements for their award program;
- has achieved a high level of academic performance. Consideration will not normally be given to any graduating student who has a cumulative GPA of less than 6.0 (Honours students require class IIA or better, all completed HDR student are included);
- has completed at least two-thirds of their graduating program at USC;
- has not previously been awarded a Chancellor’s Medal.
The next Chancellor's Medal/s will be awarded to the recipient/s at the Graduation ceremony they are invited to attend. The next USC Graduation ceremonies will be held on 10, 11 and 12 April 2019.
If you would like to nominate a graduating student for this medal please complete the nomination form which can be found via the information on the Graduation awards and medals page.
When completing the nomination form you will need to consult with your nominee to provide details on their academic performance and describe their contribution to University life and/or the Community.
All nomination forms must be submitted no later than 4pm Monday 4 March 2019.
Enquiries regarding the Chancellor's Medal may be directed to Lauren McDonogh (Team Leader, Progression and Graduation) at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07 5459 4856.