How to keep COVID safe on campus
24 Aug 2020
The campuses are open! And it is so exciting to see students who have selected on-campus classes back learning, engaging, and socialising in person. While it is great to see life back on our campuses, remember to keep these guidelines in mind so we can continue to keep our campuses clean and safe.
- It is everyone’s responsibility to follow the signage and COVID guidelines around campus.
- You must swipe into rooms, regardless of whether the doors are open or not. This will help with contact tracing in the event of a COVID positive test.
- Don't attend campus if you're unwell or have flu-like symptoms. Check Queensland Health's up-to-date guidance about the symptoms of COVID-19.
- In order to maintain appropriate physical distancing, only the students who have enrolled in on-campus classes should be attending them.
Wipes are provided throughout each campus and students are expected to:
- In teaching rooms and lecture theatres, wipe down your area before and after use. This includes desks, chairs, and fold-down tables.
- In all computer labs, wipe down the keyboard, mouse, and desk surrounds before and after use, as well as study spaces in the Library.
- In all technical teaching clinical, laboratories and workshops wipe down your area before and after use, including handhold areas of seating, specialised equipment, and work area surfaces. Specific cleaning instructions including waste disposal will be provided for each technical space.
- The cardboard boxes in teaching spaces are for wipes only.
- Spray into the cloth, rather than on the surface to reduce direct exposure and allow all students to access the spray.
- Always carry a small personal hand sanitiser.