Get ready for class selection
31 May 2021
Class selection opens from this week for Semester 2, Sessions 5-8, and Trimester 2, 2021 students.
Log into USC Central to find out when class selection opens for you.
Please note: Students are unable to access their enrolled courses under 'Manage Enrolment' or enrol in any courses, until their class selection date. You can view your current enrolment in Timetable > View My Classes.
To make sure you don’t get stuck on the day, check out our key tips to help you to get ready.
Before class selection opens:
- View and plan your timetable now - when checking each of your class options, hover over the information icon on the left of each class listing to check if there are any restrictions on class selections.
- Online courses - If you are enrolled in an online course and it already has the Status ‘Enrolled – Classes selected’, it has no scheduled class times, so there are no class selection steps you need to take for it on class selection day.
- If you are a continuing student, check if your program has changed. Some program structure and course offerings have changed for Semester 2, 2021.
- Log into USC Central (using your username, not your email address) and complete your Tasks before your class selection date. Your Tasks will display for you to action once you log in.
- Resolve timetable clashes
- Find out how to swap a course
- If you've forgotten, reset your password now
- Solve other issues logging into USC Central
On class selection day:
- Google Chrome is the preferred internet server. Microsoft Edge is not recommended for use.
- Don't use multiple devices to try and log in - this slows the system down.
- Don't close or refresh your browser - doing this will send you to the back of the line.
- If you do close your browser, sign out of USC Central first before logging back in. If you don't, the system will slow down even more.
- Most students login in the first 30 minutes so be patient.
Use a class selection guide to help you on the day:
- How to select your class times - if you have already enrolled in your courses (subjects), or
- How to enrol when class selection has opened - if you have not yet enrolled in courses (subjects).
Visit How do I enrol for more information.
Study period 1, 2021 draft class timetable is now available (for viewing only).16 Dec 2020
Use the online Timetable planner to plan your classes ahead of time, so you're ready to select your classes in USC Central when Class selection opens in January.