31 Oct 2022
Many of us learn first-aid to be ready to help someone. Suicide alertness training is another way to be ready for when you're needed. Learn how to identify someone at risk of suicide, start a conversation with them, and connect them with ongoing support.
Training is available via face-to-face workshops or online modules:
safeTALK – Suicide Alertness Training
- Date: 27 October or 23 November
- Location: Level 1 Function Room, UniSC Sports Precinct
- Register: thealliance.org.au/events
LivingWorks Start online training
- Approximately 90 mins duration and can be completed at a time that suits you
- Visit thealliance.org.au/training/start to start your training
Every person who completes training between World Suicide Prevention Day (10 September) and 9 December goes in the draw to win one of three $100 gift vouchers at Bocca, The Recovery Room and Event Cinemas. Terms and conditions apply.
The Alliance for Suicide Prevention is an initiative of UniSC’s Thompson Institute. Training is free thanks to a grant from the Australian Government.