These workshops are designed for students with English as a first language and are scheduled as 2 x 2 hour sessions that run over the first week of semester.
Students with English as an additional language (EAL) are encouraged to register for one of the English for Academic Study workshops.
These workshops will help you to understand academic writing and take steps to improve your writing skills by covering the topics of:
- sentence and paragraph structure,
- communicating meaning (function of verbs and tenses),
- organising and connecting ideas,
- paraphrasing and proofreading.
Please register in student hub to attend the academic writing workshops.
To register for Academic Skills workshops, here is the direct link to the the page on Student Hub, or follow these steps below:
- Log into Student Hub using your USC username and password
- Under the Home page navigate to the Learning tab and select Learn more
- Select the Workshops and Events tab and Book workshop option
- Contact Student Central for assistance.
Visit Academic Skills Workshops for other sessions you may be interested in.