What is IAM?
The Indigenous Academic Mentoring (IAM) program offers tuition to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. The assistance provided is based on an assessment of individual student study requirements. Tuition is available from Week 1 to the end of the exam period.
- Do you need to develop your study and time management skills?
- Do you need to get started on an assignment?
- Do you need to know how to search databases or find journal articles?
- Do you need help with referencing?
- Do you need to know how to navigate Blackboard?
- Do you know what other academic services exist on campus?
You are eligible for IAM if you are:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- enrolled in a study program at the University of the Sunshine Coast
- assessed as requiring additional mentoring assistance
To register for IAM, please complete the IAM Student Application form online.
Due to the current health concerns, the IAM program will be available via phone, email or videoconferencing (ZOOM/Skype) only.
- Book online through Student Hub
- Please have a copy of your assignment, your course outline, assignment instructions and marking criteria/rubric with you in your appointment
You can choose the IAM mentor you prefer to book with from the list below:
|Area of expertise||Mentor|
|Science and Engineering||
Education, Social Science, Humanities
Education, Social Science
Psychology, Social Science
|TPP (Criminology, Social Science)||
|Social Science, Humanities||Matt Styles|
|TPP (Nursing and Midwifery)||Olivia Hermann|
All drop-in sessions are currently postponed until further notice due to the current health crisis.
All IAM services are available via videoconferencing (ZOOM/Skype) or by phone or email only. Please see above under 'Book an Appointment' to book with an IAM mentor.
For more information please contact: