Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
University of the Sunshine Coast students who complete and submit a response to the survey titled Academic Liaison – Academic Student Success Advising Project will automatically be entered into a random prize draw. This document specifies the Terms and Conditions of that random prize draw.
- The University of the Sunshine Coast ABN 28 441 859 157 (USC) is the Promoter.
- The Promoter runs online surveys for USC students. [University of the Sunshine Coast students who complete and submit a Survey will automatically be entered into a random prize draw (Competition).
- Completion and submission of a Survey will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition without notice for any event that is outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to, or cancellation of, the Competition will be posted on the Promoter’s website (www.usc.edu.au). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any such changes.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the integrity or administration of the Competition is adversely affected, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion:
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to change these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter may use any personal information that an entrant provides with their Survey for the purposes of the Competition, and for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), and as per the Promoter's Information Management Framework - Governing Policy.
- The Promoter may use, reproduce and disclose photographs of entrants for use in promotional and marketing materials, publications and/or on its website and other social media platforms. Entrants acknowledge and accept that they are not entitled to any payment for the Promoter’s use of their image.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland. If any of these Terms and Conditions are or become invalid, at the Promoter’s option, the relevant part is severed, and doesn’t affect the validity of the remaining parts.
- Any questions or concerns arising in relation to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions may be raised by emailing the Promoter at [email@example.com].
Liability and Indemnity
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or participant; or
- use of the prize.
- Each entrant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses, damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the entrant, the conduct of the entrant in the Competition, or the use of the
- Entry into the Competition is only open to people who are current or past students of USC, and who hold Australian citizenship or a valid student visa.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter the Competition:
- any person who has never been a student at USC; and
- staff members of the Promoter (unless also current or previous students).
- Entry to the Competition commences at 12:01am (AEST) on Tuesday 8 March 2021.
- The Competition will close at 11:59pm (AEST) on Thursday 1 April 2021.
- To enter the Competition, students must complete and submit a response to the Survey by the Competition Close Date.
- Entry into the Competition is via a link at the end of the survey. The entry must include the student’s USC email address / Provision of contact details.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- No responsibility is taken by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- There is no fee to enter the Competition, but entrants are responsible for all the costs associated with preparing their entry.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The total annual prize pool consists of $50 Coles/Myer gift cards (total value of A$50).
- Only one prize per entrant will be allocated.
- All gift vouchers are valid until the voucher’s expiry date as specified on the voucher or by the provider of the voucher. Vouchers are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the voucher.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash. In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied for that element of the prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by a third party to deliver the prize, or otherwise concerning the prize itself.
- Prize winners will be selected via a random draw.
- The prizes will be drawn within five weekdays of the Competition Close Date at the office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor at [USC Sunshine Coast Campus, Sippy Downs, QLD 4556] (the Prize Draw).
- The prize winner does not have to be present at the Prize Draw to be eligible to win the prize.
- The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the prize winner within fourteen days after the Prize Draw, using the USC student email address provided by the entrant at the point of entry.
- Prizes will be distributed by mail to the address provided by the prize winner. Once posted, USC will deem the prize as delivered to the prize winner and no compensation will be forthcoming if the prize is not received.
- If any prize winner cannot be contacted within fourteen days of a Prize Draw or does not confirm the address to which a prize should be forwarded by the date requested by the Promoter, a redraw will be held for that prize (the Prize Redraw). The Prize Redraw will take place within five weekdays of the advertised closing date for original prize winners to confirm their address. Only one Prize Redraw will take place. The Prize Redraw winner will be randomly selected and notified within fourteen days of the Prize Redraw.
- The Promoter’s decision as to the prize winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the outcome of the Competition or otherwise.
- The Promoter may, but is not obliged, to publish the results of the Competition. Unless otherwise advised by the entrant, by entering this Competition, entrants agree to the Promoter publishing their name and image on the USC website (www.usc.edu.au), Blackboard, social media platforms and associated websites.