The Award recognises your professional development, co-curricular learning, and community contributions undertaken while you have been studying at USC.
It adds value to your resume and job applications by demonstrating your enhanced employability and leadership skills to future employers.
Students can engage with the program at any stage of their degree, and accumulate points for activities undertaken in the following areas:
- Voluntary Contributions
- Professional Development
- Learning Enrichment
Activities that do not attract leadership points are paid roles or undertakings that contribute towards an assessment for your degree.
Students who participate in any of the approved activities will receive leadership points toward the Award. If you fulfil the program requirements, you will receive the USC Student Leadership Award upon graduation.
To be eligible for the USC Student Leadership Award students must:
- Accrue a minimum of 1,000 points, through co-curricular activities in each category (refer to Leadership Award Points Matrix [PDF 220KB]).
- Record your activities in StudentHub- most points are automatic, or submit a points claim form.
- Identify the skills and qualities you are developing by completing in-built self-reflection tasks.
- Complete a final reflection and exit interview with a careers adviser to articulate your experiences to employers.
- Complete an academic award at USC (Bachelor, Honours, Masters or HDR).
The award will add value to your job application, provide evidence of your commitment and development of the USC Graduate Attributes and contribute to your employability.
Giving your time to help other students can also give you a sense of achievement and satisfaction and help you to create connections.
All enrolled USC students*. You can register at any stage of your degree- the earlier the better!
* Some restrictions apply for Cross-institutional students.
Final activity submissions, reflections and exit interviews are due by the following dates:
- 1 February For Semester Two - April graduations
- 1 July For Semester One - September graduation
You will need to login to Student Hub and register for a Students as Partners role.
The roles are:
- Student Volunteer (you can volunteer at USC or in the community)
- Student Representative
- Student Leader, Level 1 (GPA 5.0 or above)
- Student Leader, Level 2 (GPA 6.0 or above)
You can edit your registration throughout your studies if you would like to apply for a different or additional role.
Search for answers and ask questions, or contact Student Central for more information.