You can become a Student Representative for a 6 or 12 month term on the:
- The USC Student Senate includes:
- your program
- your school
- your campus
Register as a Student Representative in Student Hub.
Earn USC Student Leadership Award points for your participation.
Student Representatives consult with fellow students to discuss emerging issues and views relating to learning, teaching and student services. Student Representatives partner with other students and staff to discuss and develop their ideas and suggestions.
- USC Boards and Committees include:
- Academic Board
- First Year Experience Reference Group
- Indigenous Staff Committee
- USC Council
- Student Experience Leadership Group
- Student Misconduct and Appeals Committee
- Sustainability Management Committee
- VCP Equity and Diversity Committee
- VCP Indigenous Advisory Committee
- VCP RAP Review
Check the Opportunities page in Student Hub for the chance to be part of a USC Board or Committee.
Learn about the USC Student Senate
How to become a Student Representative
- Register online in Student Hub.
- Read the USC Student Charter to be aware of your responsibilities. The Students as Partners program supports your engagement in an environment that is inclusive, inspiring, safe and respectful.
- Compete the USC Health, Safety and Wellbeing for Students online training.
- Complete the Consent Matters online training module.
- Complete the online Student Representative training modules.
- Attend a Group Interview, available either face-to-face or online via ZOOM.
- Attend a Student Representative Induction, available online via ZOOM.
- Be enrolled in a USC program during your participation.
- Maintain an average GPA of 4.0 or above (Not required for students in their first semester or HDR students).
- Demonstrate a desire to represent others and contribute positively to learning and teaching at USC.
- You will be ranked and successful applicants will be allocated a Student Representative Role.
Your time commitment is approximately 10-20 hours per semester, depending on your role and level in the USC Student Senate:
a. You are required to attend a minimum of four meetings in 12 months (meetings vary from 1-3 hours).
b. You are asked to attend a minimum of four Student Rep events in 12 months (generally 1-2 hours per event).
c. International students can serve for a 6 month term.