- Chairperson (appointed by Council)
- The Vice-Chancellor and President will nominate a member from amongst the academic community on the Academic Board as Deputy Chairperson of the Board for a two-year term
Members ex officio (full rights)
- Vice-Chancellor and President
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (International and Quality)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Students)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Engagement)
- Dean, Indigenous Education and Engagement
- Dean, Academic
- Chairpersons of committees of the Academic Board
- Heads of School
Appointed members (full rights)
- Up to three persons who are not employees of the University, appointed by the Vice-Chancellor and President
- One undergraduate coursework student, one postgraduate student, one international student and one Indigenous identifying student of the University who are not members of staff of the University, with a staff appointment of 0.5 or more, appointed by the Vice-Chancellor and President on the recommendation of the Chairperson following a request for expressions of interest in serving on the Board.
- Student appointments will include representation from at least two USC locations.
- Up to three additional members co-opted by the Chairperson for a specified term
Elected members (full rights)
Two academic staff members from the northern region, elected by the staff (Gympie and Fraser Coast)
- Two academic staff members from the southern region elected by the staff (Moreton Bay, Caboolture and SouthBank)
- Two academic staff members from the central region elected by the staff
Invited to attend as appropriate (having participatory, but no voting, rights)
- Any visitors with the approval of the Chairperson
In attendance (having participatory, but not voting, rights)
- Any Director who is not an ex-officio member
- Director, Centre for the Support and Advancement of Learning and Teaching
- Director, Student Services and Engagement
- Director, Information Services
- Director, Strategic Information and Analysis Unit
Observers (no rights)
- Any person with the approval of the Chairperson
Terms of Reference
- To define and monitor USC academic standards to assure the quality of teaching, research and research
- To monitor academic integrity and develop responses to potential risks.
- To foster informed and open discussion on university wide academic issues particularly those related to the Higher Education Standards.
- To consider, approve and amend academic
- To foster excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, scholarship and research through critical evaluation of proposals for quality and effectiveness.
- To advise Council and make recommendations where appropriate on the academic strategic directions, and practices of the University and of any identified significant academic risks.
- To critically evaluate and accredit new programs and approve significant program amendments
- To provide effective oversight of the activities of its standing committees.
- To review and confirm implementation of academic delegations.
- To confer academic awards of the University, other than Honorary
Tenure and Frequency of Meetings
There will be at least five meetings of the Academic Board each year.
Elected academic staff members will serve for period of two years.
Members appointed by the Vice-Chancellor and President, other than student members, will serve for a period of two years.
Student members will serve for a period of one year, with a maximum of two consecutive terms of office.
Last Revised: Endorsed by approved by Academic Board 18 June 2019 for consideration and approval by Council 1 August 2019. Last approved by USC Council 29 May 2019.