Making shiFt happen — a 36-hour, Zoom-powered, innovative, non-traditional, transdisciplinary virtual exchange and (un)conference for female academics around the globe. A place for conversation, care, contribution, connection, collaboration, creativity, community and change.
Meet our presenters
Meet our presentersLearn more
Explore the conference themes
Conference programLearn more
Have a question about shiFt?
FAQs about Making shiFt happenLearn more
What's shiFt about?
- a new beginning
- to create, to transform, to transport, to delight
- to take care of oneself-and others, to flourish, and engage in slow scholarship
- promoting ideas, sharing stories, finding connection, collaboration and friendship
- a modifier key: creating meaning together, supporting and celebrating each other,
lifting each other up
- like [the pleasure of wearing] a loose-fitting garment — finding liberating and enabling ways to wear an academic life
- activating personal/professional alchemy, kindness, movement and change in the academy
We're offering a limited number of bursaries for HDR, ECR and sessional academics. All you need to do is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain in 100 words why you're eager to attend this virtual conference and what you hope to gain from the experience. Bursaries will cover the full registration cost.
So how does this virtual conference and exchange work?
The conference is 36 hours in length, but not all of this will be tightly ‘programmed’. Don’t worry, the conference has a slow pace, with all the programmed aspects starting on the hour and located in a two-hour leisurely block. There will be time for you to relax, eat, sleep and go to the bathroom without missing out on anything! (A full program with a time zone converter will be provided closer to the conference start).
All the content will be available to everyone who registers. The webinar session recordings may not be available immediately but they will be accessible from the website in the days following the live events. No matter what time zone you’re in, you’ll be able to participate and make shiFt happen!