Professor Greg Hill has served as the Vice-Chancellor and President of the University of the Sunshine Coast since 2011 and previously as Deputy Vice-Chancellor from 2005-2010.
As the University’s Chief Executive Officer, Professor Hill is responsible for leading the University’s strategic development and the management of operations across sites from Hervey Bay to Melbourne.
Professor Hill is recognised nationally for research, teaching innovation, technology transfer to developing countries, and Indigenous education. His research interests include: remote sensing, wildlife ecology, environmental planning, and education.
Current Board and Committee membership includes:
- Member, Universities Australia
- Chair and Foundation Member, Regional Universities Network
- Board Member, Education Australia Limited
- Fellow, Queensland Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Member, Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre Ltd
- Board Member, Thompson Institute Pty Ltd
- Board Member, Sunshine Coast Lightning Pty Ltd
- Board Member, Sunshine Coast Community Policing Board
- Council Member, James Nash State High School Council
- Council Member, Maroochydore State High School Council