- Human Resource Management
- Employer Branding
- Employee Attraction
- Employer of Choice
- Sessional Academic Staff
- Human Resource Development in Higher Education
Dr Dan Abell joined the USC Business School in February 2017 as a Lecturer in Human Resource Management.
Dan’s research focuses on employer branding and employee attraction. His PhD Thesis explored the attractiveness of Australian universities to early career business academics, and proposed novel strategies that universities can deploy to differentiate themselves in order to enhance employer branding. His expertise in the dynamics of Australian higher education was fostered through his studies at the LH Martin Institute at the Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education, where he has completed and taught in the Masters of Tertiary Education Management. Along with his PhD, Masters of Tertiary Education Management, and Graduate Certificate in Advanced Learning and Leadership from the University of Melbourne, he holds a Masters degree in Human Resource Management, and Bachelor of Learning Management from CQ University.
Dan has coordinated and taught a range of Human Resource Management, Management and Education courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels at the University of the Sunshine Coast, CQ University, the University of Melbourne and the University of Queensland.
- Professional Association: Academy of Management
- Association of Tertiary Education Management
- Australian Higher Education Industrial Association
- Commendation Student Voice Award for Educator of the Year - 2015 (CQU)
- Commendation Student Voice Award for Distance Educator of the Year - 2014 (CQU)
- Director’s Award (Office for Learning and Teaching) for Excellence in Learning & Teaching - 2011 (CQU)
- Teaching Excellence (Student Choice) Award – Campus Lecturer of the Year - 2011 (CQU)
- Deputy Vice Chancellor (International) Award for Excellence in Learning & Teaching 2010 (CQU)
- Director’s Award (Brisbane Campus) for Excellence in Learning & Teaching – 2010 (CQU)
- Teaching Excellence (Student Choice) Award – Campus Lecturer of the Year – 2010 (CQU)