- Punishment and Corrections
- Understanding Crime
- Justice and the Australian Legal System
- Foundations of Criminology
- restorative justice and policing
Mary Riley has a business background having worked in managerial positions in the merchant banking and health industries as well as in paralegal positions in NSW and Qld law firms throughout her life. She is a graduate of the University of the Sunshine Coast and received a Master of Criminology and Criminal Justice with Class 1 Honours through Griffith University.
Mary’s area of interest and research is restorative justice. She is undertaking a PhD looking specifically at the benefits of mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes for managing complaints against police in Australia.
Mary moved to the Sunshine Coast with her family in 2003. In addition to her work and academic interests, she is a Commonwealth Civil Marriage Celebrant and Justice of the Peace. Mary joined the University of the Sunshine Coast in 2012 and is now an Associate Lecturer in the Criminology and Justice degree program.
- Queensland Justices Association
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Griffith Award for Academic Excellence, 2013, for studies in the Master of Criminology and Criminal Justice with Honours, Griffith University
- University Commendation for Academic Excellence, 2011, University of the Sunshine Coast