- Sports Nutrition
- Master’s degree in Sports Nutrition
- enhancing the reliability and validity of physique assessment techniques
- enhancing the reliability and validity of metabolic assessment techniques
- field based estimates of energy expenditure
- nutrient timing and its impact on body composition and performance
- health and performance implications of adjustments in protein intake
- dietary strategies to enhance performance of rugby union athletes
- towards optimisation of body mass management amongst weight category sport athletes
- nutritional practices of exercise professionals
- nutritional ergogenic aids
Gary Slater is a sports dietitian and exercise physiologist who is passionate about assisting athletes and their coaches achieve their sports performance ambitions. He is also passionate about training and inspiring graduate accredited practicing dietitians and accredited exercise physiologists who may work within industry, government, sport or the fitness industry.
Gary coordinates a Master’s Degree in Sports Nutrition at the University of the Sunshine Coast and coordinates courses in the Nutrition and Dietetic and Sports Science disciplines. Gary is also a sport nutrition consultant to the Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union programs, and works with local athletes within the Sunshine Coast region. He is also the Program Coordinator for the Master's of Sports Nutrition students.
His goal is to ensure that best practices in nutrition penetrate the local community, reaching those with fitness to performance issues. Gary currently serves on the Sports Science Advisory Panel of the Australian Paralympic Committee and Surfing Australia, plus the Sports Supplement Advisory Panel of the Australian Rugby Union, National Rugby League and Netball Australia.