- Blood Banking
- Transfusion Science
- clinical, quality of life and health economics of IVIg and SCIg therapy in Australian primary and secondary immunodeficiency patients
- blood management in orthopaedic and cardiac surgery
- impact of aging on Australia’s blood supply
- transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI)
- neutrophil immunobiology
Lin is a medical scientist and researcher with management and leadership experience in the public and private health sector, not for profit organizations and Australian universities. She enjoys teaching undergraduate students and also specializes in mentoring health professionals though their PhD research projects.
She leads a translational research team focused on the “Patient and Blood Interface”, and is involved with various hospital patient blood management committees to support evidence based transfusion practice. Lin has developed a murine and a range of ovine models of transfusion to investigate the pathogenesis of TRALI and how extracorporeal circuits (ECMO and CPB) modulate haemostasis.
Lin has over 50 publications, secured research grants worth over $4.2 million and has presented at multiple international conferences. She maintains an active international profile through her role as the International Society of Blood Transfusion’s (ISBT) Regional Director of West Pacific. She also holds adjunct positions with the Sunshine Coast Hospital & Health Service, The Prince Charles Hospital, Griffith University, Bond University and North Central Blood Services of American Red Cross in Minnesota. Lin welcomes new collaborations on blood related projects.
- Regional Director of West Pacific International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT)
- Chairperson, ISBT - Working Party on Granulocyte Immunobiology
- Visiting Research Fellow, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Visiting Research Fellow, The Prince Charles Hospital
- Adjunct Senior Scientist, Neutrophil Immunology Laboratory American Red Cross, North Central Blood Services St. Paul, MN, USA
- Associate Professor, Adjunct Research Fellow in the Centre of Health Practice Innovation, Griffith University
- Associate Professor, Bond University, School of Health Sciences
- Member of International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT)
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Blood Transfusion (ANZSBT)
- Member of Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand (HSANZ)