- EDU211 Assessing Learning
- EDU413 Teaching the Australian Curriculum: Languages
- EDU622 Curriculum B Middle Years
- EDU630 Curriculum A Secondary Years 10-12
- EDU708 Assessment Principles and Practices
- EDU730 Second Language Acquisition
- assessment (grading tools)
- consensus planning/moderation
- peer review of teaching
- second language acquisition
- Japanese language
- Asian literacy
Dr Peter Grainger's research focuses are assessment (grading tools), second language learning (Japanese) and more recently, Peer Review processes in tertiary educational institutions. He has taught in four universities in Queensland (Griffith University, CQUniversity, James Cook University and the University of the Sunshine Coast). Prior to his academic career, Peter worked as a Principal Project Officer for three years at the Queensland Studies Authority (QSA) and towards the end of the QCAR project as a writer for the online Assessment Bank. Prior to these experiences he taught Japanese and history in Queensland secondary schools in Brisbane for 20 years.
- 2017: Learning and Teaching Grant ($15000): Improving assessment literacies through development of quality assessment rubrics and enhanced student outcomes in a triad based peer review process.
- 2015: USC Exploratory Grand with Kelly Burton etc. Enhancing the reflective practice of first year law students using video recorded simulations in the USC moot court (A$10,000)
- 2015: Teaching and Learning Innovation Grand. Oj Ruggins and Peter Grainger. Optimising P-3 Second Language Immersion Using the Accelerative Integrated Method (A$20,000)
- 2014: USC Quickstart Engagement Grant: Developing a community of Language learners (A$1,000)
- 2013: University of the Sunshine Coast. Faculty Seed Grant: Is a HD really a HD? Meeting the TEQSA quality assurance benchmarking agenda through moderation processes and criteria sheets
- 2012: JCU Consensus moderation practices at JCU (A$5,000)
- 2006: CQU The future of the BLM, investigating best practice in the Teaching School Model (A$6,000)
- 2005: CQU Developing assessment and standards exemplars (A$5,500)
Young, K. and Grainger, P. (accepted for publication in 2018). Attracting preservice teachers to remote locations. Australian Journal of Teacher Education
Grainger, P., Burton, K., Crimmins. (2017 online). Assuring the quality of curriculum, pedagogy and assessment across satellite campuses. The Journal of Further and Higher Education. The DOI of your paper is: 10.1080/0309877X.2017.1386286. Available at the following permanent link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0309877X.2017.1386286.
Carey, M; Grainger, P. and Christie, M. (online 2017). Preparing preservice teachers to be data literate: A Queensland case study. Asia Pacific Journal of Teacher Education The DOI of your paper is: 10.1080/1359866X.2017.1402860. Available at the following permanent link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1359866X.2017.1402860.
Visser, I; Chandler, L and Grainger, P. (2017). Engaging creativity: Fostering creative thinking in design education through assessment strategies. Art, Design & Communication in Higher Education special issue: Territories of Graphic Design Education . Volume 16 Number 1. doi: 10.1386/adch.16.1.53_1 . Available at http://www.ingentaconnect.com/contentone/intellect/adche/2017/00000016/00000001/art00005
- Peter Grainger , Michael Christie , Glyn Thomas , Shelley Dole , Deborah Heck , Margaret Marshman & Michael Carey (2017) Improving the quality of assessment by using a community of practice to explore the optimal construction of assessment rubrics, Reflective Practice, 18:3, 410-422, DOI: 10.1080/14623943.2017.1295931. To link to this article: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14623943.2017.1295931
- Grainger, P.; Heck, D. and Christie, M. (2017). Evaluating the efficacy of Masters coursework criteria sheets using a 10 question framework. Journal of Further and Higher Education DOI: 10.1080/0309877X.2017.1363384 available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0309877X.2017.1363384