- EDU211 Assessing Learning
- EDU413 Teaching the Australian Curriculum: Languages
- EDU622 Curriculum B Middle Years
- EDU630 Curriculum A Secondary Years 10-12
- EDU708 Assessment Principles and Practices
- EDU730 Second Language Acquisition
- assessment (grading tools)
- consensus planning/moderation
- peer review of teaching
- second language acquisition
- Japanese language
- Asian literacy
Dr Peter Grainger's research focuses are assessment (grading tools), second language learning (Japanese) and more recently, Peer Review processes in tertiary educational institutions. He has taught in four universities in Queensland (Griffith University, CQUniversity, James Cook University and the University of the Sunshine Coast). Prior to his academic career, Peter worked as a Principal Project Officer for three years at the Queensland Studies Authority (QSA) and towards the end of the QCAR project as a writer for the online Assessment Bank. Prior to these experiences he taught Japanese and history in Queensland secondary schools in Brisbane for 20 years.
- 2005: CQU Developing assessment and standards exemplars (A$5,500)
- 2006: CQU The future of the BLM, investigating best practice in the Teaching School Model (A$6,000)
- 2012: JCU Consensus moderation practices at JCU (A$5,000)
- 2013: University of the Sunshine Coast. Faculty Seed Grant: Is a HD really a HD? Meeting the TEQSA quality assurance benchmarking agenda through moderation processes and criteria sheets
- 2014: USC Quickstart Engagement Grant: Developing a community of Language learners (A$1,000)
- 2015: Teaching and Learning Innovation Grand. Oj Ruggins and Peter Grainger. Optimising P-3 Second Language Immersion Using the Accelerative Integrated Method (A$20,000)
- 2015: USC Exploratory Grand with Kelly Burton etc. Enhancing the reflective practice of first year law students using video recorded simulations in the USC moot court (A$10,000)
- 2014: International Teacher Education Conference, Dubai, UAE. Assessment moderation practices in pre service teacher education courses.
- 2014: AARE in Adelaide, Australia: Quality assuring assessment moderation processes: Horses for courses?
- 2014: ATEA Annual Conference, Brisbane Australia: Revisiting assessment grading tools: Continua model of a GTMJ.
- 2015: 7th World Conference on Educational Sciences, Athens, Greece. Assessment discourses during social moderation processes.
- 2016: International Symposium on Education, Psychology, Society. Why don't they listen (to feedback). Kyoto Japan