- Exercise in cardiorespiratory and metabolic health
- Cardiac pathophysiology and electrocardiography
- Clinical exercise testing
- Clinical exercise physiology
- High intensity exercise in health and disease
- The role of physical activity in the prevention and treatment of chronic disease
- Clinical cardiopulmonary exercise testing
Yuri Kriel is a teaching and research staff member within the School of Health and Sports Sciences at USC. Yuri teaches into the clinical exercise physiology program. During his doctoral degree, Yuri investigated oxygen utilisation, enjoyment and blood pressure responses in sedentary individuals during high intensity interval training sessions. He is a member of the research Cluster for Health Improvement (CHI) and the Inflammation and Healing (Inflame) Research Cluster.
Yuri is an accredited exercise physiologist (AEP) and has worked clinically as an AEP within the greater Brisbane area. Yuri has also worked in the United Kingdom in the areas of cardiopulmonary, cardiac and respiratory diagnostics and as a Biokineticist in South Africa, bringing a decade and a half of varied clinical expertise to his teaching and research areas.
Yuri’s previous postgraduate study at the University of Cape Town, South Africa included investigation of the central governor theories of fatigue and the use of teleoanticipation in the generation of pacing strategies.