Established in 2002, the Innovation Centre Sunshine Coast (IC) is a company owned by the USC and a champion of innovation in the region.
The IC has assisted more than 180 member companies, facilitated more than 170 USC student internships and job placements, assisted IC members to raise more than A$33 million.
Approximately 88% of IC members and alumni are still in business, having employed more than 780 people and achieved export sales in excess of A$28 million.
The IC mission is to assist smart start-up and high growth businesses on the Sunshine Coast and to promote beneficial interaction between these businesses and USC.
The IC CEO is Mark Paddenburg and key activities include:
- Provide catalytic programs, support, events and connections for innovative new ventures
- Strengthen the USC culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by assisting enterprising students, researchers and graduates
- Facilitate and support USC R&D commercialisation pathways
- Assist USC to strengthen engagement and outreach with our communities
- Ensure we have resources and capacity to make a quantifiable impact
- The Business Accelerator—assisting innovators with programs, mentoring, flexible office space and business development support
The development of IC is an important part of USC's commitment to regional engagement and to supporting the growth of new jobs in knowledge-based industries.
For more information refer to the Innovation Centre website or telephone +61 7 5450 2600.