16 January 2014
The University of the Sunshine Coast’s most sought-after study program for 2014 is its Bachelor of Nursing Science.
USC has offered 235 places to new Nursing Science students in Semester 1 this year, following offers made by QTAC (Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre) today.
The degree has been USC’s most popular degree since it was introduced in 2007.
Nursing Science is followed by the Bachelor of Paramedic Science (181 offers), Sport and Exercise Science (162), Primary Education (127) and Psychology (126) as USC’s most sought-after for 2014.
USC’s new degrees in Law and Creative Industries have made strong starts with 82 and 72 offers via QTAC respectively.
A total of 3,028 offers have been made to date for places at USC starting Semester 1, 2014, and that figure will increase when QTAC offer rounds are completed next month.
The 3,028 offers for places at USC include 2,321 to applicants from the Sunshine Coast and neighbouring regions, 474 to residents from other areas of Queensland (including Brisbane) and more than 200 from interstate.
Top USC programs (most sought-after):
- Bachelor of Nursing Science
- Bachelor of Paramedic Science
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism, Leisure and Event Management)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
— Terry Walsh