University of the Sunshine Coast teaching staff are encouraged to undertake research and recognition activities related to teaching and learning.
Many of our educators undertake research into learning and teaching as part of their routine practice, and some seek University or national funding to allow them to extend the work to have broader resonance.
Similarly, some of our many outstanding teachers document their practice as a basis for winning national teaching citations.
- USC's Internal grant opportunities
- National grant opportunities
- National Award opportunities from Universities Australia (UA) (Details TBA)
- The annual Advance Awards celebrate staff contributions to the student experience, quality teaching and blended learning.
- USC's Vice-Chancellor's Medals for Learning and Teaching are annual awards presented to members of University staff in recognition of demonstrated excellence in learning and teaching. A learning and teaching award is also presented to a member of University sessional staff. Human Resources manage these awards. A showcase of the recipients of the Vice-Chancellor and President’s Awards for Excellence are listed in MyUSC (staff log in required).
- Recipients of national teaching grants and awards
- Recipients of internal learning and teaching grants and awards
Get help to prepare your grant or award application
Staff in the University's Centre for Support and Advancement of Learning and Teaching will work with you to develop and submit a competitive application for any funding and award opportunities available.
Staff interested in discussing their grant idea or the opportunities for a learning and teaching award, should contact:
Dionne Amato Ali
Tel: +61 7 5459 4805