Learning and Teaching week celebrates our quality learning and teaching practice, and fosters professional learning, inspiration and exploration through provocative presentations and discussion. One of the best ways to get ideas and inspiration is to learn from others. Learning and Teaching week gives staff the opportunity to share good practice and see how others are making learning happen and bringing their ideas into fruition.
2017 Learning and Teaching Week
Theme: Partnerships in learning and teaching
The week included these highlight sessions:
- Masterclass workshop with Professor Geoff Crisp (UNSW). Topic: Peer review processes
- Highlight workshop with Dr Rowena Harper and Ms Sonia Saddiqui (UniSA). Topic: Academic Integrity
- Partnerships Reception
The full program for 2017 included 27 presentations from USC staff and students with topics such as:
- Students as bridges: Translating the student voice
- Teaching team partnering to support employability
- Games for Education, Learning and Orientation, and
- Students as partners and leaders: Showcasing the growth of student-centred learning communities
Highlights from 2016 Learning and Teaching Week
Theme: Teaching Visions 2020: What’s next?
Guest keynote speaker
Professor Emerita Maryellen Weimer, from Penn State University, Berks, USA. Known as The Teaching Professor, Maryellen is known for The Teaching Professor blog and her books, including Learner-Centred Teaching: Five key changes to practice.