University teaching and learning: Celebrating excellence, sharing innovation, building collaboration
27–28 September 2018
USC Sunshine Coast
QUES is dedicated to celebrating and sharing practice from innovative teaching and learning university educators and building networks for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) collaborations across Queensland universities.
Featuring our keynote presenter, Professor Sally Kift, the 2017 AAUT Career Achievement Award winner, participants will gain insights from presentations and collaboration pitches that address the three aspects of our theme, Celebrating excellence, sharing innovation, building collaboration:
- innovative teaching practices, showcasing the practice of teaching award winners
- progressing teaching practice, showcasing higher education research projects
- network building, facilitating future SoTL collaborations.
New to QUES in 2018 are the:
- World café style Networking Session, where SoTL researchers will have the opportunity to pitch their project to potential collaborators. The aim of this session is to foster cross-institutional collaborative activity.
- Pre-showcase SoTL Writing Retreat, where SoTL researchers have the opportunity to further their writing for publication.
QUES is sponsored by QPEN, the Queensland Promoting Excellence Network, through funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training, and HERDSA Queensland.
QPEN, HERDSA and the University of the Sunshine Coast acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which QUES will be held. We recognise and pay respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
Where to stay
Those choosing to stay on the Sunshine Coast for the weekend may choose to stay at our preferred partner The Mantra Mooloolaba.
- Cathryn McCormack, Southern Cross University, Chair QUES Organising Group
- Dionne Amato Ali, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Pratima Durga, Alpha Crusis College
- Glenda Hepplewhite, Christian Heritage College List
- Nicola Waterreus, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Kelly Burton, University of the Sunshine Coast
For further information contact email@example.com