- The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC) is the Promoter.
- Entrants are invited to enter into a draw to win a prize as detailed in clause 28 below (the Promotion).
- Instructions on how to enter the Promotion, prize details and other information contained in the advertisements for the Promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Promotion without notice for any event that is outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to, or cancellation of, the Promotion will be posted on the Promoter’s website (usc.edu.au). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any such changes.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the integrity or administration of the Promotion is adversely affected, the Promoter may suspend the Promotion.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Promotion, or any other matter relating to the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter may use any personal information that an entrant provides with their entry for the purposes of the Promotion, and for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), and as per the Promoter’s Information Management Framework - Governing Policy
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Promotion, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning the prize.
- The Promotion Period begins at 12.01am AEST on Friday 1 December 2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on Wednesday 28 February 2018. To be considered valid, entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 11.59pm AEST on Wednesday 28 February 2018.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- No responsibility is taken by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Entry is open to all members of the public except the Promoter’s employees and their immediate family, the Promoter’s agents, prize partners, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants and associates or anybody else professionally connected with the Promotion.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Promotion is open to persons of any age. The Promoter assumes that by entering into the Promotion, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Promotion and these terms and conditions. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to the Promoter’s satisfaction that their parent/guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must follow the Entry Method outlined in clause 16 below during the Promotion Period.
- The Entry Method for consideration for a minor prize is SMS entry. The Entry Method for consideration for the major prize is submission of an online form hosted at the Promoter’s website.
- The maximum cost of each SMS entry is 55 cents (inc GST) and entries must be submitted from the entrant’s mobile phone. SMS entry is only open to entrants with an SMS compatible mobile phone with calling line identification connected to a service provider which permits text and premium messaging to and from the promotional SMS number. Entrants should check with their network service provider to see if their mobile phone is compatible. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the bill payer’s permission prior to entering.
- Entry into the major prize draw is open only to entrants who have submitted an entry for the minor prize draw (via SMS entry) during the Promotion Period.
- Entrants who submit an entry for the minor prize draw during the Promotion Period will receive an automated response via text message that contains a URL (hosted at the Promoter’s website) for entry into the major prize draw. This automated response will be sent to the mobile phone number used by the entrant to enter the minor prize draw. Only entrants who complete the web form hosted at this URL will be considered for the major prize draw. Costs associated with accessing the Promoter’s website and submitting the web form remain an entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the internet service provider used.
- The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- The Promoter is unable to retrieve and amend any existing entries.
- Entries containing incorrect contact details, incomplete fields or offensive material will be deemed invalid and removed from the Promotion. Receipt by any entrant of an automated response promoting entry into the major prize draw should not be taken as evidence that an entry is valid.
- Only one entry per person/email/phone number is permitted. In the event that the Promoter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple entries, duplicates will be removed from the Promotion and any entries made by them will count as one entry only.
- The Promoter may disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted in an entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any information contained in an entry and/or an entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
- By entering this Promotion, an entrant consents to the content of their entry being published online on the Promoter’s website.
- All entries become the property of the promoter.
- There are up to four (4) prizes to be won, including three (3) minor prizes and one (1) major prize.
- The total prize pool available is up to $2,600 (incl GST).
- Minor prizes: the first valid entry to be drawn at each minor prize draw will receive their choice of one (1) shopping voucher from either Coles Myer or Big W to the value of at $200 (incl GST).
- Major prize: the winner selected at the major prize draw will receive their choice of one (1) of:
- One (1) retail voucher to the value of $2,000 (incl GST)
- One (1) travel voucher to the value of $2,000 (incl GST)
- One (1) study pack to the value of $2,000 (incl GST), comprising laptop or notebook, peripherals and mobile broadband
- One (1) ‘pamper pack’ voucher to the value of $2,000 (incl GST)
- One (1) domestic services voucher to the value of $2,000 (incl GST)
- All prize vouchers are valid until the voucher expiry date as specified on the voucher or by the provider of the voucher. Vouchers are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the voucher.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. No prize is transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash (unless otherwise indicated). In the event for any reason a winner does not take an element of any prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied for that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
- There will be three (3) minor prize draws and one (1) major prize draw.
- The three winning minor prize entrants will be selected via a random draw.
- Minor prize draws will be conducted as follows: one minor prize draw at 11am AEST on Thursday 4 January 2018; one minor prize draw at 11am AEST on Thursday 1 February 2018; and one minor prize draw at 11am AEST on Thursday 1 March 2018.
- The winning major prize draw entrant will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The one (1) major prize draw will be conducted as follows: at 11am AEST on Thursday 1 March 2018.
- All prize draws will be conducted at 90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs QLD 4556.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding prize winners is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome.
- Winners will be notified via phone (at the mobile phone number provided by the entrant at the point of entry) by no later than 5pm AEST on the sixth business day following the date of the relevant prize draw.
- If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years (where entry by persons under 18 is permitted), the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the winner’s parent or guardian (who is aged over 18 years).
- If any prize is not claimed by 11am AEST on Thursday 15 March 2018, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws on the Unclaimed Prize Draw Date as are necessary to distribute the prize/s, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority.