From The Story of the Ned Kelly Gang and The Sentimental Bloke to Bran Nue Dae and The Water Diviner, this course explores Australian film within the changing contexts of history, audience, industry structure, and technology, from the silent era to the present. By employing techniques of both historical analysis and screen studies, the course aims to give a broad grasp of the way film reflects Australian society and history. You will develop analytical skills in, and theoretical comprehension of, film history and filmic techniques which influenced that history, over the duration of the course.
- Any 2 courses or enrolled in Program AR505, AR605, XP601 or UP601
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
The outline for this course is currently unavailable.