Building upon skills introduced in HLT102 this course introduces principles of orthotic treatment of the lower limb and spine in musculoskeletal conditions. You will learn how orthoses are designed, how they interact with the body to control movement, and skills related to the assessment of and manufacture of an orthosis. Projects are centred on enhancing psychomotor skills and familiarity with materials/techniques used in orthotics through the fitting of prefabricated and custom-fabricated orthoses.
- HLT102 and LFS122 and enrolled in Program SC367 with a Prostehetics and Orthotics Extended Major
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.