In this course you will be provided with a comprehensive and final preparation for your transition to practice as a competent beginning midwife. The course includes clinical placement across the maternity care continuum (3oo hours). You will be supported and supervised by experienced practitioners. You will critically self-appraise your practice. Your facilitator will evaluate your work using the NMBA Midwife Standards for Practice for practice consistent with a competent beginning midwife. There will be an opportunity to experience an elective placement such as rural and remote midwifery.
- HLT310 and HLT311 and enrolled in Program SC393 or SC394. Session 4 enrolment for SC394 students only
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2, Session 4
- Student contribution band:
- Band IA
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.