Biotechnology is the use of biologically-derived knowledge (from tissues, cells, DNA, RNA, proteins, metabolites) to create useful products. You will follow the pathway from biotechnology research to product development, including drug discovery and how genetic material and proteins can be manipulated and produced, how metabolites can be utilised, and explore case studies in drug design and screening. The course includes aspects of intellectual property, commercialisation, and basic enterprise management and the ethical and social aspects of biotechnology, as well as legal and regulatory affairs.
- (SCI105 and LFS100 or (SCI105 and (LFS100 or LFS103 enrolled in SC355 or SC357 or SC354)
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.