Mechanics of Materials is a branch of mechanics that studies the relationships between the external loads applied to a deformable body and the intensity of the internal forces acting within the body. The size of the members of a structure, their deflection and their stability depends not only on the internal loadings but also on the type of materials used. In Mechanics of Materials you will learn how to analyse and design structures and calculate the allowable design loads and stresses within their members.
- (ENG102 or CIV1501 (USQ equivalent course)) and enrolled in Program SC404, SC405, SC410, SC411, SC425, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301.
- ENG221 or MEC2402 (USQ course)
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
The outline for this course is currently unavailable.