As an occupational therapist, you will be required to look at a service user in a holistic way taking in to account not only diagnoses but also how other factors contribute to their issues of occupational engagement. This course will focus on mental health issues that impact a person’s ability to engage in occupation and allow you to apply basic intervention strategies to address these issues. Drawing on occupational science and theory you will gain an understanding of mental health issues affecting occupational performance. You will be able to develop an appreciation of the impact of mental health issues on the overall health for both communities and individuals.
- OCC201 and OCC212 and OCC222 and OCC232 and enrolled in Program SC372, SC440, AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Allied Health:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.