Effects on the biosphere imposed by a growing and ever-more-prosperous human population mean that the world’s species are facing a diverse range of significant threats. In this Course, you will explore these threats, their ecological consequences, and the tools available to mitigate associated impacts both in theory and practice. Along the way, you will encounter ethical dilemmas, and will be encouraged to take a balanced view on contentious arguments. You will learn principles from a global perspective, and will apply them to case studies particular to Australia.
- Enrolled in Program SB303, SC320, ED112, UU301 or XU301
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.