The online world is constantly changing and therefore, this course is dynamic. This course provides you with an understanding of online journalism. It teaches formats and skills for writing journalism for online publications, as well a basic understanding of multimedia journalism. It examines the major theoretical debates around online news delivery and gives you the practical skills to produce specialist online reports. Influences on online journalism, such as participatory journalism, design considerations, multi-media; media convergence, law, and copyright are covered. You will participate in the online publishing process, build a portfolio of published articles, and learn online photojournalism skills.
- CMN130 or enrolled in Program AR541, AR641, AR841, AR543, AR643, AR505, AR605, XP601, UP601
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1, Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
CMN237 Course Outline Semester 2, 2017 (PDF 499KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.