This course focuses on reading and writing practices specifically relating to constructions of the ‘hero’ within a range of commercial fiction, from detective and speculative fiction heroes to popular contemporary fiction heroes. Assessment requires you to compose and edit creative works according to industry standards, as well as compose critical responses to seminal published works. While you will learn formal aspects of creative expression in written narrative, you will also learn how to enrich your creative practice through critical reflection.
- CMN116 or CMN215 or enrolled in Program AR514, AR614, AR541, AR641, AR841, AR605, AR505, XP601 or UP601
- Semester of offer: *
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Clinical Psych, Foreign Languages, Visual & Performing Arts:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
CMN238 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 766KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.